Monday, February 13, 2017

Weekly Reflection of Feb 3-10

This week in Biology we started talking about DNA replication, and transcription. The vodcast for this portion of the unit was pretty long. However, I spent more time on the vodcast by first going through and taking all the notes and then going back through just trying to soak up the knowledge which seems to be really helpful. Also, we started working on a project where we are trying to show the process of DNA replication and transcription and also what happens when there is a mutation in the DNA using play-doh. This sounds like of strange but as so far been incredibly helpful. This really allows for me to fully grasp the process and work my way through it slowly, it also helped me notice what parts of the process I was a little shady on. That's why classmates/partners can be so helpful. I like being able to bounce my thoughts of a fellow students and get there input of ideas and confusion. It makes it easier sometimes to hear someone explain something in another way. I am enjoying this project so much so far that I hope we have similar projects like it in the future. I mean Biology and play-doh all in one class?! It doesn't get much better than that. This week I am hoping to give myself more time to study for the weekly quiz, the more time I give myself to study the less stressed out I feel going into the quizzes which is extremely helpful for a testing environment. Overall, things are going really well in Biology and I am looking forward to moving along in this unit.

No comments:

Post a Comment