Sunday, May 14, 2017

Week one of Genius Hour

After the first week of Genius Hour I have successfully thought of an experiment. I will be testing the effect of Natural cigarettes versus Marlboro Red cigarettes on the lungs. I found a cool and pretty simple way to replicate lungs. The most expensive part of my experiment will be the actual purchasing of the cigarettes. I have been pretty lucky to not have really hit any road blocks while coming up with my experiment except for the fact that I wanted to find the best way to showcase build up in the lungs. The tricky part is that with my replica of the human lungs I will be using a regular rubber balloon. Rubber is not a material that would absorb chemicals or contaminants, this proved to be a problem because this is exactly what I am trying to test for. The solution I am currently seeing is using a wet white sponge to showcase what the actual lung would absorb and look like following the smoking of cigarettes.  So far my experiment is off to a good start and I can't wait to start collecting data.

No comments:

Post a Comment